From routine cleanings and fillings to more complex procedures, the field of dentistry offers a wide range of services to help you maintain a healthy, beautiful smile. Let’s explore some of the most common dental services that you may encounter:
- Routine Cleanings and Exams: Regular dental cleanings and checkups are an essential part of maintaining good oral health. During a cleaning, a dental hygienist will remove any plaque and tartar buildup from your teeth and gums, and polish your teeth to a shine. Your dentist will then perform a thorough exam of your mouth, looking for signs of decay, gum disease, and other issues.
- Fillings: If your dentist finds a cavity during your exam, they will likely recommend a filling. Fillings are used to restore teeth that have been damaged by decay or trauma. They are typically made of a tooth-colored composite material that blends in with your natural teeth.
- Crowns: Crowns are used to cover and protect damaged or weakened teeth. They are often recommended for teeth that have large cavities or have undergone a root canal. Crowns can be made from a variety of materials, including porcelain, metal, and ceramic.
- Root Canals: If you have a tooth that is severely infected or damaged, your dentist may recommend a root canal. During this procedure, the dentist will remove the infected or damaged tissue inside the tooth, clean the root canals, and fill the space with a special material. A crown is often placed over the tooth to protect it.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are a popular option for replacing missing teeth. They consist of a titanium post that is implanted in the jawbone, and a crown that is attached to the post. Implants are a long-lasting and natural-looking solution for tooth loss.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dental service that can brighten and whiten your teeth. There are a variety of options available, including in-office treatments, take-home kits, and over-the-counter products.
These are just a few of the many dental services that are available to help you maintain good oral health and a beautiful smile. If you have any questions or concerns about your dental health, be sure to talk to your dentist. They can recommend the best treatments for your specific needs.