Eschenbach Dental Care & Dental Services
As we age, our teeth and gums can become more susceptible to problems. Seniors may experience emergency dental situations due to disabilities or pain. It is important to be aware of these potential problems and have a plan in place in case of an emergency.
Some common senior dental problems include:
- Gum Disease – is a serious infection of the gum tissue. It can lead to tooth loss and other serious health problems caused by bacteria that build up in the mouth. These bacteria can cause inflammation and damage to the gum tissue.
- Tooth Decay – can lead to pain, infection, and even tooth loss. When left untreated, tooth decay can also cause serious health problems such as abscesses (pus-filled pockets) or cellulitis (skin infections).
- Tooth Loss – can have a significant impact on seniors’ well being. It can make it difficult to eat and speak properly, and can also lead to feelings of isolation and depression.
- Dry Mouth – It can be caused by a number of different factors, including medications, dehydration, and mouth breathers.
- Oral Cancer – is a serious disease that can be difficult to detect, especially in seniors. It is important to be aware of the symptoms of oral cancer and to see a doctor if you notice anything out of the ordinary. Symptoms are a sore or irritation that does not go away, bleeding in the mouth, a lump or mass in the mouth or throat, difficulty swallowing and changes in voice.
How to Prevent Gum Disease and Tooth Decay?
Do you want to enjoy a mouth full of healthy teeth and gums for years to come? If so, then it is important that you take the time to learn about teeth and gums disease prevention. American dental association said that gum disease affects nearly half of all adults in America today, and there are many dental tips that can be taken to reduce your risk.
- Know your cavity risk level – check the medical history –
- Quit smoking
- Eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day to prevent gum disease
- Cut back on sugary and acidic drinks – and drink more water
- Flossing daily and using interdental cleaners
- Consider taking an antimicrobial rinse after meals
- Visit your dentist or dental hygienist twice a year for regular checkups and dental cleanings to address your other oral health problems
There are many ways to stay healthy and protect your teeth from tooth decay or gum line disease. Speaking with the best dental care clinic for dentist x-ray in Roanoke, Virginia, comprehensive periodontal evaluation, regular oral exam, and professional dental cleaning in Roanoke VA, Eschenbach Dental will help you create a plan of action for brushing, flossing, and caring for your teeth. Remember that the key to good oral health is the ongoing maintenance of dental hygiene, which includes practicing proper brushing and flossing techniques throughout the day. By following these simple steps, you will provide your mouth with an extra layer of protection against tooth loss, plaque and tartar, other dental issues, and gum disease.
Dentist for Seniors Roanoke VA
Eschenbach Dental is a dental office that specializes in providing dental care to seniors. The office is staffed by experienced dental professionals and a caring great dentist for seniors Roanoke VA who are dedicated to providing the best possible care to their patients. The office offers a wide range of services, including fillings, teeth whitening, veneers, extractions, dentures, digital x-rays and other necessary treatment. The staff also provides patient education on oral health and hygiene, and they work closely with patients to ensure that they receive the best possible care by out great dental hygienist.
With Eschenbach Dental, Dr. Sean and our team of dentists are committed to providing same-day quality care to its patients and making sure that they are able to maintain their oral health. Contact us now for free to low price consultation and schedule an appointment with our great dentist. We look forward to examining and making you smile again.
For more additional information about dental tips seniors Roanoke VA for the best dental care by a great dentist in the city and approved by Virginia Dental Association Foundation, give us a call today!